Tart and candy, this recipe for rhubarb custard pie is a keeper!
Recent rhubarb is baked right into a creamy custard single-crust pie that’s able to serve in lower than an hour!
This scrumptious deal with is a summertime favourite that makes probably the most of contemporary rhubarb.
Straightforward Rhubarb Custard Pie
- This classic favourite strikes the steadiness between tangy rhubarb & creamy custard.
- Home made fruit pies are his rhubarb-based magnificence couldn’t be any simpler to make!
- Channel your internal Betty Crocker and bake up this jewel-toned pie for a picnic or BBQ!
Elements in Rhubarb Custard Pie
Rhubarb – Recent or frozen rhubarb can be utilized for this pie. Recent rhubarb will probably be agency and pink with flecks of inexperienced. Drain water from thawed rhubarb so the pie units.
Custard – Gentle cream (comparable to half and half) is greatest for this recipe. A couple of drops of rum or brandy could be added to the custard for further taste.
Toppings – Regardless that this pie is ideal with no topping, it’s completely dreamy served with a dollop of whipped cream, a scoop of do-it-yourself no-churn ice cream, and even a drizzle of caramel sauce or meringue.
Variations – For those who’re just a little shy on rhubarb, combine in chopped strawberries, peaches, pink or inexperienced apples, currants, dried cranberries, or perhaps a handful of granola.
The right way to Make Rhubarb Custard Pie
- Lin an unbaked pie shell in a glass pie pan.
- Whisk collectively all elements besides the rhubarb (as per the recipe under).
- Fill pie shell with ready rhubarb and pour the custard on high.
- Bake till the fruit is tender and the pie is ready.
Suggestions for Good Pie
- Minimize rhubarb into small items about ¼” every to tenderize the fibrous stalks. Be certain the stalks are freed from leaves as they’re poisonous if consumed.
- If the sides of the pie crust begin to brown too shortly, cowl them with strips of foil.
- Let the pie cool earlier than serving to permit the custard to set correctly.
The right way to Retailer
- Leftover rhubarb custard pie could be saved in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
- Baked pie can also be really easy to freeze as soon as it’s cooled. Minimize it into single parts, wrap in plastic wrap, and place it in an hermetic container within the freezer for as much as 2 months.
Did your loved ones love this Rhubarb Custard Pie? Go away us a ranking and a remark under!
Rhubarb Custard Pie
Rhubarb custard pie combines the tangy freshness of rhubarb with the creaminess of do-it-yourself custard in a flaky crust.
Preheat the oven to 450°F.
Put together the pie crust in response to your favourite recipe, or use a premade model. Match the pastry right into a 9-inch glass pie pan, guaranteeing it covers the underside and sides evenly.
In a small bowl, whisk the eggs till they flip a lightweight yellow shade. Add cream, sugar, flour, vanilla, and salt. Combine properly.
Fill the ready pie shell with rhubarb. Pour the custard combination overtop.
Place the pie on the underside rack of the preheated oven. Bake it at 450°F for quarter-hour.
Scale back the oven temperature to 350°F and proceed baking the pie for a further 30 to 35 minutes, or till the rhubarb is tender and the pie has set.
- For those who discover the sides of the pie beginning to brown too shortly, you’ll be able to cowl them with aluminum foil to stop over-browning.
- It’s essential to let the pie cool earlier than slicing. This permits the custard to set and makes for cleaner slices.
- Be at liberty to serve this pie with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
For a 9″ deep dish pie regulate the filling as follows:
3 1/2 cups rhubarb
3 egg yolks
1/3 cup mild cream
1 1/4 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons flour
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
Energy: 114 | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 1g | Fats: 3g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 78mg | Potassium: 121mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 142IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 0.3mg
Diet info supplied is an estimate and can range primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.