That is a simple facet dish we make all yr lengthy and one in every of my all time favourite salads!
This Greek salad recipe is packed stuffed with recent cucumbers and tomatoes, crisp bell pepper, feta cheese, and olives, and wearing a fast zippy French dressing.
It makes an important lunch or is ideal served alongside nearly any meal.
A Favourite Aspect Salad
- Since there are not any lettuce leaves to wilt, Greek salad is without doubt one of the greatest picnic and potluck salads; it holds up so properly!
- Bulk up Greek salad by including diced potatoes or your favourite cooked and chilled pasta like rotini, penne, or macaroni shells. Or make it a lightweight dinner by including chopped salami, shredded chicken, or shrimp!
- Meal prep salad bowls for per week of nutritious and low-calorie lunches by scooping Greek salad onto a mattress of Romaine lettuce, quinoa, orzo, garbanzo, or black beans.
Greek Salad Components
Greens – Recent chopped greens are the bottom of this recipe.
- Tomatoes are a staple on this salad. Use no matter you might have that’s recent and juicy. If making forward, I favor Roma tomatoes or grape tomatoes as they maintain up properly within the fridge.
- Cucumbers and bell pepper carry crunch and freshness. We use inexperienced bell pepper however add no matter colour you’d like. There is no such thing as a must peel the cucumber.
- Crimson Onion add taste to this salad. To make the flavour of crimson onion a bit milder, soak the slices in chilly, salted water to neutralize them a bit.
Olives – Kalamata olives add the right taste to this recipe. When you aren’t a fan, you’ll be able to depart them out of this recipe or attempt swapping them for black olives, inexperienced olives, and even capers!
Feta Cheese – Greek salad isn’t the identical with out cheese. Historically feta cheese is served in a big slice on the salad nevertheless we prefer to crumble it to get the salty taste in each chew.
Greek Salad Dressing
Greek salad dressing can (and may) be quite simple, this lets you actually style the recent veggies.
A quite simple combination of oil, crimson wine vinegar, and recent lemon juice with a sprinkle of oregano is all you want. In case you have a bottle of Greek salad dressing you need to use that too however on this combination, we favor the easy recent dressing.
Feeling Fancy? In case you have recent herbs available together with oregano, parsley, or recent dill, sprinkle a bit of bit on prime. Recent herbs actually can take this dish to the following degree in taste.
The way to Make Greek Salad
Even Panera can’t evaluate to this fast and straightforward dish!
- Chop the greens into massive chunks.
- Place the dressing in a jar and shake properly (per the recipe under).
- Add feta & garnish with parsley, if desired.
Storing Greek Salad
Hold leftover Greek salad in a lined container for as much as 4 days. Add some recent veggies and a sprinkle of feta cheese to make it pretty much as good as new!
Recent Veggie Salads
Did you take pleasure in this Greek Salad? Make sure you depart a score and a remark under!
A easy mixture of recent veggies, olives, and feta tossed in a recent and straightforward dressing.
Mix all dressing components in a small bowl and blend properly or shake in a jar.
In a big bowl, mix tomatoes, cucumber, inexperienced pepper, crimson onion, and olives.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss properly to mix.
Add feta cheese and garnish with parsley if desired.
We like Roma tomatoes as they maintain up properly on this salad however any tomatoes will work.
This salad will hold for as much as 4 days within the fridge. If desired, retailer the dressing individually and add when serving.
I often begin the salad by slicing the onion and soaking it in a little bit of salted ice water. That is optionally available however will soften the flavour.
The feta cheese might be served sliced or crumbled over the salad.
Energy: 146 | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 3g | Fats: 13g | Saturated Fats: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 8g | Ldl cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 377mg | Potassium: 209mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 500IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 1mg
Diet info supplied is an estimate and can range primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.