Baked French toast casserole combines one of the best of sunshine, fluffy, and aromatic French toast with the straightforward prep of a baked casserole!
That includes cubed bread baked right into a candy custard with a crispy streusel topping, this French toast bake will probably be a household favourite all 12 months spherical!
- So easy: This in a single day French toast casserole recipe is vacation brunch-worthy however couldn’t be simpler to make on any day of the week!
- Make forward: Prep and bake or prep and chill within the pan overnight- this recipe suits into your schedule! Excellent for lazy weekends and brunch friends!
- Swap up: Use your individual add-ins and make a brand new scrumptious French toast casserole!
Elements for French Toast Casserole
Bread – A loaf of day-old bread works greatest for absorbing the custard combination, so examine the bakery for yesterday’s bread. Nearly any sort of bread will work; attempt brioche, challah, Texas toast, or French bread.
Custard Combination – A straightforward egg and cream combination is sweetened with brown sugar and vanilla after which gently tossed with the bread cubes. This combination soaks into the bread, including taste and the right French toast texture.
Topping – A mix of melted butter, brown sugar, and chopped pecans provides a candy, crunchy layer. Substitute pecans together with your favourite chopped nuts.
Excellent as a summer season brunch or for Christmas morning breakfast, change the flavour for any event. Add bits of sweetened cream cheese.
- Summer time/Spring – serve with contemporary berries like strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries.
- Fall – Whisk in some pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, or mashed banana.
- Winter – Stir in, raisins, egg nog, and dried or contemporary cranberries.
Find out how to Make French Toast Casserole
- Put together bread cubes and whisk custard components collectively till clean per recipe beneath.
- Pour the custard over the bread cubes, add the topping and relaxation in a single day.
- Within the morning, bake and revel in.
Storing French Toast Bake
Preserve leftover French toast casserole lined within the fridge for as much as 4 days. Reheat parts within the microwave, oven, or air fryer till warmed by and the topping is crispy once more.
Did your loved ones love this French Toast Casserole? Depart us a score and a remark beneath!
French Toast Casserole
This pleasant dish combines basic flavors of sunshine & fluffy French toast with the convenience of a breakfast casserole!
Dry out the cubed bread by leaving it out for a number of hours or baking in an oven preheated to 350°F for six to eight minutes.
Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish and unfold the bread cubes evenly within the dish.
In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the eggs, half-and-half, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon till properly mixed. Pour the egg combination evenly over the bread.
For the topping, whisk the melted butter and ⅓ cup brown sugar. Stir within the pecans, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Gently spoon the topping over the casserole.
Cowl the casserole dish and permit it to sit down for a minimum of 1 hour (or as much as 48 hours).
Take away the casserole from the fridge and let it relaxation on the counter whereas the oven preheats to 350°F.
Bake the French toast uncovered for 40 to 50 minutes or till a knife inserted within the heart comes out clear and is sizzling.
Serve heat with maple syrup, whipped cream or fruit.
Energy: 417 | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 11g | Fats: 15g | Saturated Fats: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 4g | Trans Fats: 0.2g | Ldl cholesterol: 131mg | Sodium: 443mg | Potassium: 110mg | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 527IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 3mg
Diet data offered is an estimate and can fluctuate based mostly on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.