Crock Pot Hen and Potatoes, is a one-pot surprise that’s as straightforward as it’s scrumptious.
Tender hen, potatoes, and carrots are merely seasoned and cooked till tender. Residence-cooked consolation on a plate.
Finances-friendly and hearty, this recipe is a go-to for these family-sized hen packs on sale.
Elements for Crockpot Hen & Potatoes
This recipe is adaptable to no matter you will have readily available. Substitute poultry seasoning or different herbs for the Italian seasoning referred to as for within the recipe.
- Hen: Select bone-in hen thighs for this recipe as they’ve extra taste and gained’t dry out.
- Greens: Child potatoes are an amazing selection as a result of they don’t require peeling and the pores and skin retains them from getting mushy. Recent carrots or child carrots and diced onions spherical out the meal.
- Seasonings: Italian seasoning is a favourite, however any hen seasoning you like will work on this recipe.
- Different Elements: Melted butter, hen inventory or hen broth add sufficient liquid to assist every part cook dinner evenly.
The way to Make CrockPot Hen and Potatoes
- Warmth oil in a pan. Season the hen and brown the pores and skin per the recipe under.
- Within the backside of the gradual cooker, add the potatoes, carrots, onions, butter, and seasonings.
- Prime with hen & cook dinner on excessive for 4 hours or low for 7-8 hours till hen is cooked by way of and the potatoes are tender.
- The pores and skin on the hen won’t crisp within the gradual cooker, I broil it earlier than serving.
- Hen breasts can dry out on this recipe, if swapping hen breasts, they’ll possible want much less cooking time.
- The juices may be made into an easy gravy with flour or cornstarch in the event you’d like.
Did your loved ones love this Crockpot Hen and Potatoes recipe? Go away a ranking and a remark under!
CrockPot Hen and Potatoes
CrockPot Hen and Potatoes presents the proper mixture of flavorful hen and hearty veggies for a whole one-pot meal.
Warmth olive oil in a big pan over medium warmth. Season hen with salt & pepper to style. Add hen, skin-side down, and brown for 3-5 minutes.
Mix potatoes, carrots, onions, melted butter, Italian seasoning, and salt & pepper.
Add potato combination to the underside of a 6-quart gradual cooker. Prime with the rosemary sprigs and hen thighs. Pour in hen inventory.
Place the lid on the gradual cooker and cook dinner on excessive for 4 hours or low for 7-8 hours or simply till the hen reaches an inner temperature of 165°F and the greens are tender.
To make a gravy/sauce (optionally available): In a medium saucepan, mix ¼ cup butter and ¼ cup flour over medium warmth. Prepare dinner the flour for 3 to 4 minutes or till the butter begins to evenly brown. Place the drippings in a measuring cup and add sufficient liquid to make 1 1/2 cups. Slowly add the liquid into the flour combination a bit bit at a time, whisking till easy after every addition. Boil 1 minute and season with salt and pepper to style.
Preserve leftovers in a coated container within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
Energy: 454 | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 26g | Fats: 31g | Saturated Fats: 9g | Ldl cholesterol: 150mg | Sodium: 174mg | Potassium: 736mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2884IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 2mg
Diet info supplied is an estimate and can differ based mostly on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.