This Cajun seasoning recipe is filled with daring taste!
The key is within the good mix of substances which are possible already in your pantry!
Rub it on fish or hen. Sprinkle it on shrimp or stir it into pasta.
A Staple Seasoning Mix
Cajun seasoning is a pantry staple in Louisiana, and in my kitchen too! It’s simple to make at house.
- Spicy & versatile! Cajun spice provides a smoky, spicy, and savory pop of taste to recipes.
- DIY Delight! Why purchase it when you may make it? This easy recipe will be made anytime on the spot!
- Deep south taste! Add this scrumptious, flavorful seasoning to grilled shrimp, hen, fish, or perhaps a shrimp boil. The wealthy spicy taste can also be nice on veggies.
Spices for Cajun Seasoning
Savory – Paprika is the bottom of this seasoning together with onion and garlic powder, oregano, thyme, and salt.
Spicy – A little bit of cayenne provides this seasoning mix some kick! Make it additional spicy by including a pinch (or two or three!) of purple pepper flakes, if desired. Stir in some smoked paprika in case you’d like for a deep, earthy, taste!
Variations – To alter it up, some brown sugar will make Cajun seasoning a bit bit candy and assist the opposite seasonings cling to the meals because it melts.
The right way to Make Cajun Seasoning
Double up on this do-it-yourself cajun seasoning recipe, it’s good with proteins from shrimp to pork!
- Whisk all the substances (per recipe beneath) in a bowl and switch to a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Shake nicely. Label with the date and retailer within the pantry for as much as 6 months.
Protecting it Recent
Cajun spice will be saved for as much as 6 months. When you hold it longer it is going to nonetheless be nice however the taste might mellow over time.
To maintain it tasting its finest, retailer the Cajun seasoning in an air tight container. If in case you have one, add a small desiccant packet to forestall moisture and clumping.
Did you make this do-it-yourself Cajun Seasoning? Make sure you depart a ranking and a remark beneath!
Do-it-yourself Cajun Seasoning
Cajun seasoning is a flavorful mix of spices used so as to add a zesty and barely spicy style to dishes.
Retailer Cajun spice in a sealed container for as much as 6 months.
Energy: 16 | Carbohydrates: 3g | Sodium: 1751mg | Potassium: 63mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 1170IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 0.8mg
Diet info offered is an estimate and can fluctuate based mostly on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.