Prepared, set, crunch! Crisp and colourful, this cabbage salad recipe is the right facet dish!
This cabbage salad has a mix of recent inexperienced apples, tangy purple and inexperienced cabbage, and crunchy toppings, all tossed in a easy candy and bitter dressing.
Excellent for a fast facet dish or a wholesome addition to your subsequent potluck, everybody can be coming again for seconds.
Cabbage Salad: A Crispy, Crunchy Aspect
Recipes for cabbage salad typically contain a barely soggy scoop of shredded slaw blended with mayo, however not this recipe!
- A refreshing change from bizarre greens, this salad packs a colourful and crunchy punch.
- No extra wilted leftovers; the sturdy cabbage base stays recent for days.
- Put together it upfront to avoid wasting time.
- Selfmade dressing with only a few easy components, and prepared in minutes.
- This cabbage salad is definitely customizable; add your favourite veggies, nuts, or protein for a novel twist.
Substances & Variations
This salad has extra additions than a standard slaw recipe. It’s straightforward to get inventive and blend issues up with this recipe.
Cabbage: Mix thinly sliced inexperienced and purple cabbage for a pleasant mixture of crunch, colour, and vitamins. Alternatively, use Napa, purple, or Asian cabbage for selection. Add matchstick carrots, chopped kale, or shredded broccoli stalks for further taste and vitamin.
Granny Smith apple: Provides a tart and crisp contact; strive different agency apple varieties like Honeycrisp or Pink Girl.
Cabbage Salad Dressing: A tangy-sweet mix of rice vinegar, maple syrup, and Dijon mustard is the right mix. Customise by swapping vinegar varieties or utilizing various sweeteners like honey or brown sugar. Honey mustard dressing is an effective various.
Toppings: Elevate your salad with tangy crumbled feta cheese, candy dried cranberries, and nutty toasted pecans. Experiment with totally different cheeses, dried fruits, nuts, and seeds.
Easy methods to Make Cabbage Salad
- Thinly slice cabbage and apple (per the recipe beneath).
- Shake dressing components totally in a sealed jar.
- Toss collectively in a salad bowl and high with feta, cranberry raisins, and nuts.
- Discard any wilted leaves earlier than reducing the cabbage. As soon as lower, wash and totally dry the cabbage to make sure a crisp, crunchy salad. The cabbage and be ready forward of time.
- Ready coleslaw combine isn’t only for coleslaw; use it instead of cabbage to avoid wasting prep time.
- When you’re not serving the salad instantly, add a squeeze of lemon juice to the apples to stop them from turning brown.
- Enable the salad to relaxation for a couple of minutes after including the dressing for flavors to meld collectively.
- Toast the uncooked sunflower seeds, chopped almonds, chopped walnuts, or pecans in a dry skillet for about 1 minute or till barely browned and add simply earlier than serving.
Leftover cabbage salad doesn’t get soggy as tossed salad may. Simply preserve it lined tightly and refrigerate any leftovers for as much as 2-3 days and provides it a stir earlier than serving once more.
Did you get pleasure from this Cabbage Salad? Make sure you depart a score and a remark beneath!
This straightforward cabbage salad recipe is tremendous tasty and nourishing too!
Thinly slice inexperienced and purple cabbage, and core and lower a small Granny Smith apple into matchsticks. Place the cabbage and apple in a big bowl.
In a jar, mix rice vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and vegetable oil. Shake nicely to mix the dressing.
Step by step pour the dressing over the cabbage combination, tossing to mix (you could not want all of it). If time permits, let the salad relaxation for quarter-hour or as much as 1 hour to mix the flavors.
Sprinkle the salad with feta cheese, dried cranberries, and chopped toasted pecans.
Leftovers will preserve 1-2 days within the fridge.
Cabbage may be changed with store-bought coleslaw combine or pre-shredded cabbage.
Serving: 0.75cup | Energy: 206 | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 3g | Fats: 15g | Saturated Fats: 9g | Ldl cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 323mg | Potassium: 210mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 425IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 1mg
Vitamin info offered is an estimate and can range primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.